The Soul Connection Chapter 14: The Demons of the Human World





Chapter 14: The Demons of the Human World


 ???: Find them. They are breathing the air of the living. 
They must be destroyed.

.
.

Finn: So you had no luck finding her last night? At all? 
Viola: Uh...no, not really. 
Finn: Right. Sorry, I forgot I found you in that science lab. 
Justin: You found her in the lab? Why?  

 Viola: If you're asking why I was there...uh, I don't really know. 
I found myself there. I was tired. I think-
Finn: Viola, you sleepwalk? Huh. 
Viola: No. No, I don't sleepwalk. It's all hard to explain. 
Finn: Right. That explains everything.

 Justin: Hey, Finn, she's been through enough already. 
She doesn't you using sarcasm as your choice weapon. 
Finn: Yeah, sorry, Justin. Do you want to explain where you were? 
Justin: I went out. I wasn't feeling fresh. Somebody tried to kill me. 
Finn: When you were out? That's why you should stay here. 

Viola: I've searched everywhere for her. I'm afraid for her safety. 
Justin: We'll find her, Viola. JEANA! 
Viola: Wait....I hear something. 
Finn: Justin screaming her name perhaps? 
Oh right. Sorry.  

 Jeana: Vi....Viola....is that...?
Justin: I can hear her too. Viola, search over there. 
Finn: Why the hell would she be up here? 
This place is a dump. Someone kidnapped her. Definitely. 
Justin: Don't think like that, Finn.

 Jeana: Viola....help....me.
Viola: I'm here, Jeana! I'm here for you. 
Justin: Is she okay? How long has she been trapped up here? 
Viola: I don't know. Jeana? 

 Jeana: Viola...thank god. Help me out of these...chains...
Viola: Jeana! Thank god you are okay! What the hell happened? 
Jeana: That...boyfriend....of....yours. His sister, too. 

 Viola: I don't care about him right now. I'm so glad to see you! 
It's been lonely in our room without you. 
Jeana: I...I need...a drink. I am happy to see...you. 
Viola: Right! I don't have anything on me, but we can head down soon. 
Jeana: Okay. 

Finn: Of course it was the Peyton family. Rich pieces of-
Justin: This isn't about them right now. We found Jeana. 
Finn: I know. The next time I see that smug bas-
Justin: Then, hurt him for me.
 Viola: So, uh...what did Daniel do? Who is his sister? 
Jeana: Viola, he wants to kill Justin. I heard everything. 
Viola: Why would he want to kill Justin? Justin's done-
Jeana: Nothing wrong? He thinks Justin stopped that bullet.

 Finn: Bullet? What bullet? 
Justin: Viola was shot at by-
Finn: Shot at? You didn't think this news was important. 
Who the hell did that? 
Justin: Some blonde-oh god.

Jeana: His sister. That blonde woman. 
Viola: She tried to kill me. We aren't safe here. 
Jeana: The two of them are plotting to kill the two of you. 
We need to leave.

 Justin: She tried to kill me in that bar-
Viola: You went to a bar? Great. 
Justin: Matt-oh, you don't know him- he saved me. Stepped in front of me. 
Finn: Care to introduce us to him?

 Jeana: She kidnapped me. Tied me up here. 
Luckily, you found me. I know the-
Finn: That sicko and his sister need to be stopped. 
Jeana: This isn't some comic book or superhero movie. 
We need to be careful. 
Finn: I know that.

 Viola: I can't believe my....Daniel...I can't believe he would do that. 
For all I have known him for, he isn't a killer. 
Justin: People can lie, Vi. I'm sorry. 
Viola: You don't need to apologize to me for anything. 
This is my mistake for even speaking to him.

Finn: We should leave this place. We can talk downstairs. 
Justin: I agree. This place gives me the creeps. Even me. 
Finn: We get it, you like scary places. 
Justin: So what? They fascinate me.  

Viola: As much as it hurts me, we need to do something. 
I don't want to see you die, Justin. 
Jeana: I'd rather not be kidnapped again. 
Justin: Then it is settled. We'll bring the Peytons down. 
Finn: Let's.  

 Viola: Nobody will decide my fate but myself. 
If they want to kill me, they will face me. Viola. 
Finn: Okay, settle down there.
Viola: Sorry. I'm just excited is all. 
Victoria: Is that what you call it?

 -----

 ???: Welcome. You must be wondering how you ended up here. 
This is the gateway to the underworld. This is my safe haven. 
This is not in the realm of the living, which would explain to you why you are not tethered to your pretty little human currently.

 Dorothy: Who are you then? I do not recall meeting you. 
Sean: That isn't important. Why am I here? 
Victoria: Sean, one last time. We are dead. 
Derrick: Can I leave now? Is this important? 

 ???: I am the angel of death. I foresee the deaths of any living soul and I connect them to the afterlife. The four of you are unique- special in some way. 
For some reason, you did not cross to this realm after death. You remained on the surface.

 Dorothy: I waited for so very long on the surface after my death but nobody came to remove my soul. Not a single soul and not a single anything. 
Nobody came to move me to this realm. Can you explain that? 
Angel of Death: You are different, Dorothy. 
Dorothy: I was forced to watch my family die in front of me and I could only watch.

 Victoria: You still have not explained why we are here? 
All this 'you are special' nonsense. Why did you force us here? 
Angel of Death: We do not know how, but the four of you remained above for some reason. It is time for you to join us. 
Victoria: You wish for us to leave the human world? We can't, not now.

 Derrick: Viola, our human, needs us. 
So we remained among the living for these years? There is a reason for that. 
There is always a reason. 
Angel of Death: Sure, there is a possibility for an important reason, dear. 
Derrick: But what? Souls cannot remain in their world-

Angel of Death: The four of you are...you are hazards in their world. 
With you there, there is no telling what could possibly happen to the living. 
It is time you left. 
Victoria: I will not leave the living world. No. 
Angel of Death: This is not your choice- 

 Sean: Not our choice? We need to protect Viola or else you will be seeing her walk or float or whatever into this place. She could die. 
Derrick: I don't want to see her die.
Dorothy: Nobody would wish that upon a person.

 Angel of Death: The four of you cannot help Viola any longer. 
She is among the living for now, yes, and if she happens to die soon, she will meet with me. However, you are hazards. Your connection to her was an accident. I am fixing the mistake of her grandfather.
 Victoria: An accident, sure, but we are not accidents. 
I understand your power, ma'am. 
Angel of Death: I do not think you do. 
Derrick: I saved her once! I will save her again! 
Sean: I think it is time to let go.

 Angel of Death: Listen to your friend over there. He understands that this cannot be bargained or changed. The dead are dead. 
Victoria: I've been searching for a way to escape to the-
Angel of Death: Back to the living? Only one before you has done so. 
I am sorry, but time is up.

 Dorothy: You do not have to do this! Set us back to the world above! 
Let us help Viola. 
Angel of Death: What did change? You always did not care for her. 
Dorothy: We understand...we...she...has val...value.

 Victoria: I know how that other woman escaped. 
Let me follow her footsteps. 
Angel of Death: I am sorry, but I cannot allow another to leave. 
You are mine now. 
Victoria: Let us go! Derrick!

Derrick: I am next. My fingers are inching closer towards my head. 
Acting like the gun that killed me. One more. 
Angel of Death: You should have remained silent. There would be no hassle. 
Derrick: Goodbye, Viola.  

 Sean: I change my mind. I will not accept this fate any longer. 
I am sorry, angel of whatever, I will not enter your palace. 
Angel of Death: What is this now? 
Witnessing these deaths has changed you?
Sean: No. I have just opened my eyes. I'm sorry.

Dorothy: Give up, Sean. It is not worth it. 
Victoria: We have helped Viola enough. She will live without us now. 
A sane life for her. 
Derrick: ...
Sean: No....I will not accept this fate.  

 *he latches on to her ankle* 
Angel of Death: If that is the way you will play this. 
You cannot enter this realm. You get what you want. 
Sean: Thank god.

 -----

 April: Hey, Art! How are you feeling today? 
Arthur: I'm feeling fine, April. Thank you for checking in on me. 
I feel fine. 
April: You don't look fine. I've been trying to help you.

 Arthur: April, the doctors are in charge. Don't hurt yourself. 
April: I'm not hurting myself. I'm trying to find a cure for you. 
Arthur: How do you expect to find a cure without a test subject?

 April: I don't know! I just want to help you. 
I couldn't stand to let you go, Art. This won't end. 
Arthur: I'm not immortal, April. My death will come one day anyway.
Did you upload another video? 
April: Yes. It was to gather support for you.

 Arthur: That's...I am grateful for that, April but...all the money in the world might not save me. 
April: You shouldn't think like that. We will cure you. 
Arthur: I don't want my final memory of you to be this arguing.

 April: You aren't dying today, Arthur. You will be okay. 
I will find someone to help you, I promise. 
Art: Don't waste your time on me, April. Enjoy your youth. 
April: I don't want to enjoy my youth if you die! I won't!

 Art: Would you like to visit? Today, even? 
April: I'd love that, Art. I'll be there shortly.
Art: See you then, my most successful prodigy.

.
.
.
 April: Arthur! You're still breathing! Thank god. 
Arthur: April. Thank you for coming to see me on such short notice. 
April: I wouldn't miss it for the world. I can't bear to see you like this.
 Arthur: I am sorry about my clothes. The doctors refuse to allow me to dress up. I hope you don't mind. 
April: Mind? No, of course not. I am just glad to see you. 
Arthur: As am I.

 April: Your face...I didn't notice before. You look-
Arthur: Don't mind how I look. It's the sickness. Relentless and cold. 
You look wonderful in that dress. 
April: Thank you. I hope you feel okay today, Art. 
Arthur: I feel fine.

 *they hug* 
April: Are you adjusting to the hospital life here? 
I know it must be horrible. 
Arthur: I don't mind it. Most of the time I spend sleeping. 
April: It's very good to see you awake. 
*they part*

 Arthur: I only ever wake really to see you. 
Most of my family is gone, as you know. I wouldn't mind a visit from your father again. 
April: He must be busy. Surely. 
Arthur: He must be. He will visit again soon.

 April: I hate seeing you here. I know you must be cured, but this isn't the life for you. You should be on tour with me. We should be moving across the country. We aren't. 
Arthur: Don't bring this up again, April. 
April: Why not? It is the truth. Your sickness killed our dream.

 Arthur: You can always tour without me-
April: Are you serious, Arthur? I couldn't do that. 
You are my manager. I won't tour without you. 
Arthur: You can find another manager. I am sure of it.

 April: Come with me. I want to leave this room; this place. 
I know you're not supposed to leave, but-
Arthur: I can leave one more time. For you. 
April: Thank you, Art. I won't accept losing you.

.
.
 Arthur: It truly is beautiful up here. Nothing but the silence of the surrounding world around us. Silence. 
April: Silence that could kill us. 
Arthur: You don't need to act so furious. My disease-
April: Is killing you.

 Arthur: Spend this time happy with me, April. 
As I said, I don't want our final memories of each other to be surrounded by hate. 
April: I know. I'm sorry. I just wish I could help. 
I wish it wasn't you who contracted this disease. Why you?

Arthur: It is genetic, April. One of my relatives...he had it.
He...died trying to cure it. 
April: He died? No, Art, you won't die! They will cure you! 
They will! 
Arthur: I'm not so sure. There's nothing- 

 April: Nothing the doctors can do? They can keep trying. 
Sleep is for the weak. Find that cure! 
Arthur: This isn't your choice, April. 
April: Who said this was even a choice? This is about saving your life. 
I won't stand for letting you die.

Arthur: April, a scientist couldn't cure himself! You think you are smarter and more efficient than he is! It's over. 
April: He didn't know what to look for. Or he didn't have the technology. 
This isn't over for you. 
Arthur: It is over. I am dying. 

 April: No. No. Art. You can't die on me. 
I need you. 
Arthur: You will be able to live without me. I know it. 
April: You cannot leave me. No.




-----

 Justin: Melanie? Are you in here? 
Melanie: Yeah. Come in. 
Justin: Hey, you alright? You don't look very...happy, is all. 
Melanie: I'm not. It's my parents.

 Justin: Your parents? What happened with the phone call? 
Melanie: Everything I expected and more, I suppose. 
They're happy for me, either way, but I can sense it's worse anyway. 
My parents aren't going to be as accepting of Ali as they would be of Seth. 
Justin: I'm..I am so sorry for that. 
Melanie: You can't change them.  

Justin: What did they say exactly? 
Melanie: They want me to think about everything. 
Think about whether I only find Ali attractive but not for anything else. 
Whether I should stick to dating boys only. 
Justin: Look, it is your choice. They can't change anything.  

 Melanie: I know, but what if I really do like Seth more? 
I don't want it to seem like I'm just aiming to please them. 
Justin: And if you choose Ali? 
Melanie: They will most likely disagree, but knowing them, they will hide it. 
Pretend that my choice is the right one.

 Justin: It is your choice. Sadly, I am not in any position like yours-
Melanie: Are you sure? Don't you like a certain teacher of ours? 
Justin: Right, I almost forgot about Mr Quinlan. My mind is filled with thoughts about Matt.
Melanie: When can I meet this lifesaver?

 Justin: I don't know yet. We only just met-
Melanie: Right. Anyway, thank you for talking to me. 
This has helped me, Justin. Even if it doesn't seem like it. 
Justin: I'm glad I could help. 
Melanie: Thank you.

 Justin: Would you like to head out for lunch now? I know Finn and April are waiting for us. 
Melanie: April's back from her trip to see her manager? 
Justin: It would seem so. Shall we? 
Melanie: We shall.

 -----

 Victoria: Viola, we need to talk to you. 
Sean: This is urgent. Please, speak to us. 
Viola: I need to plan for something. Can it wait? 
Victoria: Actually, no.
 
 Dorothy: The wicked angel of death wished to remove us from this world. 
She wanted to destroy our connection. 
Viola: I could be free-
Derrick: No! You cannot agree with that witch! 
Victoria: You wouldn't be safe without us.

 Viola: And I'm safe with you? People want me dead. 
Sean: They do? Oh god no. That cannot stand. 
Viola: My- Daniel and his sister are plotting murder. 
I need to stop them or else.

 Derrick: They already tried to murder you...twice! 
Dorothy: I thought we agreed to lie to her. 
Victoria: The plan has failed, Dorothy. We need to tell her. 
Sean: Shall we?

 Viola: Tell me what?! What do you need to tell me?
Dorothy: We ought to tell her. She needs to know. 
Viola: Tell me what you are keeping from me! Please. 

 Victoria: Alright, I will tell you. That car accident...that was not some random passerby with sunglasses and a trucker hat. That was Daniel Peyton. 
He drove directly toward you. He tried to kill you. 
Sean: You should have warned her first. 
Derrick: Oh shut up, you failed scientist.

 Viola: Ahhhhh! What the hell! 
Victoria: Didn't expect this reaction?
Viola: No! I can see something. A vision. 
*she screams*

 Angel of Death: Welcome, Viola! You are dead. 
This is the underworld. You are dead. Come with me, Viola.
Come. You are dead. Come. 
Viola: I don't want to be here! Help me! 
Angel of Death: Nobody can save you.

 Viola: Daniel...get away from me. 
Daniel: What? I love you. I've always loved you. 
I love you so so much. 
Viola: Get off me! Help! He wants to kill me!

 Angel of Death: He cannot kill you if you are already dead, dear Viola. 
Now come-
Viola: What the hell is happening to me?! Help me! 
I'm not dead, I swear. I'm not dead. 
Angel of Death: You are dead. Come with me.

 Daniel: I've always loved you...your lifeless state. Your apparent power. 
The way it felt to tear you apart. Limb by limb. 
I can't believe I cannot kill you again, my love. 
Viola: Get off me! Please! Leave me alone! 
Daniel: Why would you say that to me? 
I love you.

 Angel of Death: Come follow me, Viola. 
You cannot hold back from this forever. You are dead. 
Come with me. Now. 
Viola: I am not dead! I am not! 
Daniel: You are. I killed you.

 Viola: I am not dead. I am not. 
Victoria: Well, with that attitude, you soon will be.
Derrick: What the hell just happened to you? 
Viola: There was...there was this woman. And Daniel. 
He killed me.

 Dorothy: He certainly wishes to. 
Derrick: Viola, he won't kill you. Not while we are around. 
Dorothy: How many times can we save her before we can no longer?
Derrick: As much as we need to. 

 Victoria: You may not like it just yet, but you now have immortality. 
We will protect you forever. I may be a bitch, but I hate death. 
Sean: That's thoughtful. The bitch part, of course. 
Victoria: I can't help that I'm brutally honest. 
Sean: Even about yourself. How sweet.

Viola: I need to be alone. 
_______________________________________________

Next time on The Soul Connection: Justin's relationship with Matthew continues to build until someone catches them in the act. Finn's parents arrive at the academy for a visit to monitor his behaviour. Dorothy believes she's seen a ghost from her past. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Connection Chapter 1: An Odd Meeting

The Soul Connection Chapter 12: Cuts and Bruises

The Soul Connection Chapter 7: The Dangers of Mine